Saturday, August 29, 2015

Tampa Eminent Domain Attorney Sheds Light on Payment for Right-of-Way Issue

Property owners supposedly in the path of any public construction projects may be asked by the local government to make way for the development. The government can do this because of the eminent domain laws. In many cases, the proceedings provide compensation to the displaced resident. However, issues arise when the question of whether the compensation offered was adequate. An eminent domain attorney like Mark Bentley with Mark Bentley, P.A., can get down to the bottom of the problem in cases like these. According to the Florida Statutes, eminent domain cannot be initiated unless the work is for a project designed to address right-of-way, such as a new expressway, access ramp, or street extension. From here, calculations can be made on the type of damages.

No comments:

Post a Comment